At Bright Horizons at Landis Homes, every day brings something new. As a child care director, you will have a chance to inspire the passion in your teachers, have a moment of pure connection with a child or parent, embrace an unexpected challenge that evolves into an opportunity to apply your intelligence, share your compassion and character in creating a solution – and every day, you’ll find your business focus balanced by a unique and very real sense of fulfillment.Apply now to join the Bright Horizons team as an on-site leader at one of our beautiful centers. You will play a key role in creating and refining the center’s culture by supporting teachers in the development of an innovative, hands-on, emergent curriculum designed for the children in your care and building an environment where the children, families and staff thrive.
Bright Horizons at Landis Homes serves children ages infant - preschool with the capacity of 50. This unique center is on the campus of the Landis Homes Retirement Community. We believe our intergenerational program benefits persons of all ages as they interact, support and care for one another. Our center is also NAEYC accred! Collaborate with families to support and share the educational needs of their childrenNurture your career aspirations and personal growth through ongoing training and supportInspire each child’s potential through our innovative curriculum, inclusive environment and strong family partnershipsPlay an integral role in continuing the Bright Horizons commitment to qualityEnjoy the support of a corporate team dedicated to helping you manage the daily operations of the centerAt Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of management/leadership experience
- A combination of infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience
- Well-versed in NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
- Strong leadership, supervisory and customer service skills and ability to create/maintain partnerships with families and staff
- Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or crisis situations effectively
- Capacity to understand and manage center financial duties
- Computer literacy
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
- Must meet state educational and licensing requirements for director; additional center/school requirements may apply