Lead with HEART everyday
Seeking dynamic Assistant Director for Client Sponsored Child Care Center in Redwood Shores! When you step foot in our state-of-the-art center you will feel welcomed, witness high quality interactions with children, low classroom ratios and a play based curriculum.
Apply now to inspire a team of early childhood professionals as an assistant director at a beautiful center. Enjoy the perks of working at a client sponsored child care center like the on-site starbucks, two amazing cafes with subsidized menus, gym access, shuttle service around the bay area and a paid center shut-down during the winter holidays!!
As an assistant director at Bright Horizons, you will:
- Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
- Collaborate with the center director to maintain the day to day operations of the center
- Partner with parents from enrollment to meeting the educational needs of their children
- Manage your time as you support multiple classrooms and staff
- Nurture your leadership skills and grow your career through various opportunities
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
- AA or BA degree in the field highly preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Requires two to four years of professional teaching experience with infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- One year of prior supervisory experience, including classroom leadership responsibility or professional administration experience in a child care center
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
- Knowledge and ability to lead staff in implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Respond well to unusual or crisis situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to understand and manage center/school financial duties
- Computer literacy required
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply