As the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you will be providing human resources consultation and support to some corporate departments. You will use your knowledge of various human resources functions, including; Employee Relations, Organizational Development, and Training to provide tactical HR support to employees and managers. You will do this while consulting with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the departments needs. In this role, you will act as a liaison to other human resources functions when necessary.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure HR manager team follows all legal standards and policies in accordance with state, federal and company guidelines. In collaboration with legal department, respond to EEO complaints including making initial contact, compiling information, interviewing, response preparation, review of documents, and attending hearings.
- Coach, guide and monitor managers to develop strong partnerships with corporate departments.
- Partner with managers and directors regarding employee relations and retention issues and trends. Participate in HR variance calls.
- Participate in company task forces to provide HR perspectives, oversight and strategy.
- Analyze company metrics and trends in collaboration with HR managers, talent acquisition team, division vice presidents and corporate managers. Make recommendations for improvements to practices and processes.
- Review and approve travel and expenses for HR managers. Contribute to the budgeting process. Ensure that HR managers adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Promote and provide ongoing training, coaching and support of company-wide initiatives, such as the Growth and Learning process, and support the HR managers with implementation in the field or for departments. Participate in leadership meeting planning.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Multi-site service industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, PHR or HR certification, and/or MBA preferred.
- Must be analytical, have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and mastery of a wide range of HR specialty areas.
- Problem solving, diplomacy and good judgment in considering the impact of decisions is essential.
- Knowledge of HRIS preferred.