Do you love working with children and preparing healthy, nutritionally balanced, attractive snacks for them? Join Bright Horizons at San Jose and make a difference in the lives of children! We are looking for someone to wash dishes from breakfast, lunch, and morning snack in addition to preparing the afternoon snack for young children and staff. You get to work with the cook to keep the kitchen organized and clean, prepare food, keep track of food allergies, and be familiar with state and federal nutritional requirements for children.
Hours will typically be 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm, but additional hours are available with a possibility of being full-time. We would love for you to spend part of your day directly interacting with the children in the classroom as a part-time teacher!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Should be knowledgeable of state nutritional requirements of children
- Has relevant experience in a licensed child care facility kitchen, commercial kitchen, public school cafeteria, or equivalent
- May be required to have food service/food handlers permit or license according to state/local regulations