As a Substitute Kitchen Assistant you will assist the Head Chef to: Prepare nutritionally balanced, attractive family-style meals for Bright Horizons Family Solutions children and staff. Plan menus taking into account the center budget, the foods in season, local availability and state and federal nutritional requirements for children.Keep an accurate inventory of supplies and orders replacement of supplies as needed. Wash dishes and follow sanitation guidelines in accordance with state guidelines.
When not assisting the Head Chef work in the classroom as a substitute teacher and discover the rewards of accompanying young children through their unique world of exploration, excitement, and delight. Play an important role in the daily routines at our centers, working with infants through school aged children!
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees both at home and at work. You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and families while working hours that best fit your needs. Enjoy a flexible schedule, while working in an environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
As a substitute at Bright Horizons, you will:
Desired schedule: 11:00am-6:30pm M-F
- Collaborate with a team of talented early childhood professionals like yourself
- Support a center in a time when your teaching expertise are needed
- Inspire children’s learning through an emergent curriculum
- Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
- Learn developmentally appropriate practice that meets the highest industry standard
Demonstrated interest and prior experience working with young children requiredSome college education preferredMust meet State requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply
- Must be at least 18 years old and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should be knowledgeable of state nutritional requirements of children.
- Has relevant experience in a licensed child care facility kitchen, commercial kitchen, public school cafeteria, or equivalent.
- May be required to have food service/food handlers permit or license according to state/local regulations.