WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT OFFERS YOU MORE!
As a Child Care Executive Director you will work with a high profile client, a seasoned regional manager and a team of child care professionals. We are looking for a dynamic, high energy leader with excellent communication and organizational skills to take this new state of the art child care program to the next level of excellence. Our mission is to provide innovative programs that help children, families, and employer’s work together to be their very best. Our leaders help make this mission a reality every day!As a Child Care Executive Director, you will have unique opportunities and resources to advance your career that are unparalleled in the industry including:
- Modern, spacious child care centers that celebrate the magic of childhood
- Dedicated support staff at the regional and home offices
- Career growth in a variety of leadership positions throughout the organization
- A variety of child care solutions around the world
What better place to work than at a company that shares your desire to make a difference and gives you the resources to excel?
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Fiscal management of the center including analysis with written recommendations
- Developing positive relationships with client, faculty, children, and families
- Maintain strong client partnership through collaborative decision making; monthly reporting
- Managing multiple priorities/projects with accuracy and sense of urgency
- Reporting to multiple constituents outside the center
- Collaborative leadership; Delegating responsibilities as is appropriate
- Supervising administrative team members
- Reviewing important decisions with the Regional Manager
- BA in one or combination of following areas: ECE, Business Management, Organizational Management or Communications; MA preferred.
- Must meet state licensing requirements for a child care director.
- 10+ years experience, 5 of that as a director in a licensed child care setting, preferred.
- Proven leadership in directing a large child care center; client-sponsored center preferred.
- Proven experience in customer service, fiscal management.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Well versed in NAEYC accreditation standards.
- Strong knowledge in and ability to lead faculty in implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capacity to understand and manage Center financial duties, as well as demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to needs of parents and faculty.
- Comfortable working in a corporate environment.
- Experience and commitment to a diverse workforce.