Introducing NEW Bright Horizons benefits for full-time employees! Earn your associate and bachelor's degrees in early childhood education FOR FREE and take advantage of up to $150/month on your public transportation costs!
Now hiring Infant, Toddler and Twos Lead Teachers at our Kansas Street and Mission Bay Center!
Bright Horizons at Kansas Street recently went through a brand new expansion adding 5 classrooms offering an Art room for projects, STEM room, and 3 indoor movement matters rooms to stretch and move throughout the day. With the expansion the center is now offering back-up care to families. There is dedicated back-up classrooms for families whose primary care falls through for the day. What an amazing benefit to provide to families. Offering a $1500 hiring incentive for full-time positions at the Kansas Street center located in the Potrero Hill. Located near by is UCSF Mission Bay which is a brand new early childhood center for UCSF employees, sitting on 1.4 acres, 18 classrooms, seven outdoor playgrounds, two art rooms and so much more. Located in Mission Bay.
What you will do as a Lead Teacher:
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children participating in activities that you and your team planned
- Observe children’s interests and work with your team to design creative and engaging curriculum that reflects the children’s interests
- Give direction and mentor less experienced staff to ensure that daily responsibilities are completed and that safety and attention to the children’s individual basic care needs are top priorities
- Record and share children’s triumphs and progress with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children’s latest adventures and achievements through a variety of avenues, including mobile apps and personal conversations
- Live and exemplify our HEART Principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork in your interactions with the children, families, and your colleagues
What we are looking for:
- Minimum age of 18
- Hold a High School Diploma/GED
- 12 ECE Core units
- 12 months of professional teaching experience in a classroom
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice (DAP)
- A passion for child care and making a difference in the lives of young children
We do give preference to child care lead teachers with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood education or related field
- 24 months of professional teaching experience in a classroom