At Bright Horizons, effective leadership is crucial to the success of each individual team, and our organization in general. Here, we measure performance and promote growth, while maintaining a fun and collaborative work environment. It is up to our leaders to embody this mindset, and lead by example each day. For our consistently growing Accounting team, leadership is crucial to the success at the group as it directly supports our childcare centers. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to perform duties
and oversee the accounting for divisions of centers, business line, or entity within the company.
What you will be doing:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a company-wide and/or center/department specific level; report, analyze, and correct variances.
- Assist with month-end closes including reviewing balance sheet reconciliations performed by accounting staff.
- Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
- Review and analyze operating results.
- Design, implement, and perform accounting policies and procedures, and ensure proper recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Communicate regularly via phone, email, and in person with staff of all levels including directors, regional managers, divisional vice president(s), and client service directors, and internal and external auditors to provide accounting expertise and to answer questions and explain accounting practices.
What we hope you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Degree
- Four plus (4+) years of relevant accounting experience.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Detail oriented ability to prioritize, analyze and supervise others.