Do you enjoy mentoring and coaching a team to success? Are you the type of person who enjoys identifying and implementing process improvements? Would you like to grow your career within a company that has been honored numerous times by Fortune, Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, and the Denver Post as one of the best companies to work for? If so, our Application Support Manager opening may be the perfect fit for you!
As our Application Support Manager, you will work closely with our Senior Director of Professional Services and Application Support to provide day-to-day management to our Application Support team. This role includes direct supervision of a technical team that may include a team lead and other application support analysts as needed. The Application Support Manager will lead the overall support service delivery for EdAssist applications to meet or beat the support level agreements and will prepare/execute on the communication plans.
What you will be doing:
- Leading a support service delivery team to ensure client cases reported are being resolved in an expedited and efficient manner. Mentor, support, and develop the skills of the team members with strategic and tactical expertise that will enable them to deliver successful resolutions and outcomes for our clients
- Manage the team’s delivery processes and methodology to support total quality of delivery and the mechanisms to ensure they align with our clients’ support level agreements. Participate in the ongoing expansion and improvement of the organization’s recommended practices, tools, and techniques. Provide guidance to the team to develop and sustain more effective practices for technical triage, case management, queue monitoring, issue resolution, and documentation updates
- Provide leadership on the case management process by providing oversight and a communication plan for system outages
- Responsible for the staffing plan to screen job candidates, facilitate the training/onboarding plans, and providing mentorship for the team in support of their career development.
- Drive the product maintenance backlog process by building consensus on high priority cases to inform the product sustainability scrum master for preparing the sprint plans
- Partner with the PS Operations team to manage, track, and optimize the resource management needs across key department metrics and performance indicators. Understands and tracks the team and individual performance metrics to stay on target and on budget across areas of the operation
- Collaborates with the Bright Horizons IT group to execute on major organizational and IT infrastructure initiatives as directed by EdAssist/Bright Horizons leadership.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and the ongoing learning opportunities for staff development
- Cultivates innovation to drive process improvements and the development of new tools/process efficiencies
- Overnight travel for client and organizational meetings (approximately 10% or as needed)
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in IT or related technology field of study
- 2-5 years of experience leading and managing an application support team responsible for incident management and communications
- Previous experience troubleshooting SaaS based software applications to provide root cause analysis
- Previous experience working effectively and collaboratively in a fast paced environment across other functions; including sales, account management, employee services, professional services, finance, IT, HR, and marketing
- Experience with JIRA for agile based projects, Microsoft SQL development, and ITIL standards for ITSM, strongly preferred
- Passion regarding helping adult learners improve their education and skills, a plus!