The Director, Business Analysis leads a team of business analysts and technical staff through the process of requirements definition and system development of software and process solutions to align with the needs of business stakeholders. The incumbent coordinates and participates in the work output of the team in addition to coaching and developing team members to support business, project, team and departmental goals. The position spends 20-30% of time focused on the development of business and functional requirements used as the basis for software solutions and business processes and the remaining time on team leadership and project management.
What we hope you will bring :
- Ability to develop and maintain an understanding of the processes, goals, requirements and issues related to Bright Horizons’ operational lines of business and supporting systems including how each is used and how the systems integrate to meet business needs.
- Identify opportunities to accomplish project goals in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to fully understand, define and document business requirements for software and/or process changes through a variety of means focusing on high complexity projects, processes and functional areas of the applications.
- Conduct user interviews, surveys, workflow reviews, research on industry best practices and user workshops documenting current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios including processes, models, use cases, plans, flow diagrams, requirements write ups and solutions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Act as a change agent to help ensure that assumptions, development and implementation of new systems/processes enhance the success of the project and increase the project’s alignment with the business needs.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure that requirements are properly translated into technical specifications and solutions, clarify requirements, review recommendations and answer questions. Collaborate and build consensus between technical team and stakeholders working to balance scope, speed to market and available resources.
- Assist technical team through design, code, test and deploy to ensure any issues are resolved.
- Drive the development of a master test plan with the QE team with that traces business requirements throughout the SDLC and ensures that all process steps are followed.
- Work with Application Support, Training, Implementation, QE, and development in a business analysis capacity both reactively and proactively to support application issues, changes and modifications.
- Organize and lead projects from inception to execution including creating and managing to task list, project schedule, budget etc.
- Ensure that response and resolution times meet SLAs and user needs.
- Work closely with leadership to ensure that stakeholder, team and department goals are met, and that projects meet scope, timeline and budgetary requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or comparable experience required. Masters Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 15 years related work experience
- 6+ years of leadership experience leading teams of 6 or more staff
- Experience building project budgets and estimates and managing spend to budget as well as building and managing to annual department budgets
- Experience or familiarity with child care is a plus
- The individual must have a proven ability to understand business requirements in a variety of functional areas and the flexibility to adapt to new and changing information
- Ability to prioritize and manage many competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a virtual collaborative environment