The purpose of the Business Analyst I role is to develop business requirements to be used as the basis for applications utilized by Bright Horizons internal users and external customers. Through a variety of means, the Business Analyst I will document these requirements to be provided to developers to be used in developing software, as well as the basis for test cases utilized by the Quality Assurance group to ensure that software developed meets the original business requirements.
The IT Business Analyst must be able to perform job functions in an independent manner to provide leadership and drive collaboration across disciplines in all solution development related activities. This role is critical in the process of delivering integrated business and information solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and document business requirements through a variety of means such as, but not limited to user interviews, surveys, workflow reviews, research on industry best practices, and user workshops.
- Define current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions). Build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements in the Business Requirements Document.
- Serve as a liaison between business groups and IT Development to clarify requirements, review recommendations and answer questions.
- Work with IT Development team to ensure requirements are properly translated into technical specifications that meet the business needs. Assist IT Development team through design, code, test and deploy to ensure any issues are resolved.
- Work with QA Team to develop and refine a master test plan that traces business requirements throughout the SDLC.
- Ensure that all process and documentation are consistent with best practices and Bright Horizons standards for Solution Delivery Life Cycle.
- Work with Application Support, QA, and development in a business analysis capacity both reactively and proactively to support application issues, changes and modifications.
- Proactively identify ways in which system and process changes can improve efficiency of key users, customer service, accuracy of results, and/or completeness of data.
- Works closely with internal users, IT Development Resources, and Business Management to facilitate cross-functional project team meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Serve as a communication bridge between business leaders and developers to facilitate understanding of initial requirements, questions and changes across these groups.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, but, when necessary, consult with the senior management of IT and lines of business for direction and/or clarity.
What we hope you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or comparable experience required. Individual should have a minimum of 1-4 years related work experience.
- Strong communication skills are essential. Individual must be comfortable working with a variety of user groups at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking to analyze problems, document needs and communicate these needs to a variety of audiences.
- The individual must have a proven ability to understand business requirements in a variety of functional areas and the flexibility to adapt to new and changing information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage many competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a virtual collaborative environment.
- The individual must have prior experience managing support tickets.