Are you driven by data and its ability to tell a story? Bright Horizons is a company where you can have a fun; yet challenging employment experience that will allow you to apply your problem-solving skills in an environment that is team-oriented. Did I mention we’re a growing company? How about the fact that we’ve been named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for”! Now, we’re looking for a great addition to the team. We’re looking for a BI Report Developer!
As the BI Report Developer, you will be joining a very dynamic and growing IT organization responsible for building/updating client facing and internal reports/dashboards across Bright Horizons. The Report Developer will play a key role in the analysis and development of new database and reporting technologies for future reporting needs.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop and implement robust and extensible ETL solutions to support key business data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Qlik & SSRS
- Implementation/integration of business intelligence tools with data warehouse solutions (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify, document, design, develop and present the output
- Understand the business requirements, functional specs and translate them into technical solutions
- Participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Provide production support and maintain existing systems by researching and trouble-shooting any issues/problems in a timely manner
- Participate in the development of corporate-wide strategies, processes, and standards for data architecture, storage and reporting
- Assist in the creation of Ad Hoc Reports, Configure and maintain scheduled ETL jobs
- Requirements analysis related to the creation and troubleshooting of reports and dashboards
- User documentation for report usage and also create documentation for technical design and system build
What we hope you will bring to the role:
- Associates Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field experience required, BS Preferred
- Previous BI Developer or Data Scientist experience
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server environment with SSIS, SSRS, stored procedure development and BI Reporting tools (Qlik preferred) and visualizations.
- Desirable Skills and Experience: .NET (C#, VB and/or ASP.NET), Experience with Dynamics CRM, Experience with Salesforce, Experience with Sitecore, Qlik or similar BI Tools
- Demonstrated success in developing Qlik dashboards
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- In depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience managing all phases of the project life cycle, including running project prioritization meetings, post-installation project post-mortem meetings and a proven track record of managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines