Are you an experienced college admissions officer who is interested in greater work/ life balance? Do you enjoy helping people and having a positive influence in the direction of their future? Are you interested in working for one of FORTUNE’s Best 100 companies to work for? If so Bright Horizons Education & College Advising/College Coach might be a great fit for you. Bright Horizons Education & College Advising has been assisting families in achieving their education goals for more than 20 years. With a strong service mission and a commitment to excellence, we work with tens of thousands of families through their corporate sponsored benefit and hundreds more via our more traditional independent consulting service. In both cases, we interact directly with students and parents in person, over the phone, and via Skype.
At the heart of Bright Horizons Education & College Advising is a phenomenal group of knowledgeable, hardworking, team-oriented educators. Our team is made up of former admissions officers who enjoy supporting each student in finding the best fit for college. Flexibility plays a key role in our work and includes the opportunity to work from home while engaging with colleagues on a daily basis.
The Senior Manager, Educational Counseling will guide our various clients through the college admissions process, helping students present and maximize their unique strengths, accomplishments, and potential in a student-focused and ethical way.
As the Senior Manager, Educational Counseling you will:Join a collaborative, engaged team of admissions and college finance expertsSupport students and families through all aspects of the college admission process, including managing expectations and goals Present workshops on a full spectrum of educational topics Work with a diverse group of students and parents at various socioeconomic levels to help them successfully navigate the education system
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- 3 plus years of experience in selective college admissions required; college counseling experience a plus
- Passion for higher education and a commitment to increasing education access for a broad constituency of students and parents
- Confident presence, strong relationship building skills, and a professional manner
- Creative, strategic thinking
- Strong editing and writing ability coupled with attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy and integrity
- Great time management and organization abilities; flexibility
- Comfort level with technology, including Microsoft Office and internet research
- Superior presentation skills in both large group and individual settings
While we currently have an opening in CA we are excited to talk to qualified candidates, regardless of location.